To become a participant of the senior center one must:
- Be age 55 years or above or the spouse of one 60
years or above (under 60 must pay for congregate meals).
- Be ambulatory with or without assistive devices.
- Be able to perform activities of daily living independently.
- Not exhibit severe confusion or wander if unattended.
- Have no functional or other impairments which hinder the
capacity to participate in any activity
in the center or if there is an impairment have willingness to make adaptations when necessary to receive full
benefit from participation in the center programs. There may be
activities (i.e. trips) in which all participants are not able to take part due
- Be supportive of the contribution philosophy.
- Comply with center rules and procedures (i.e. smoking
or non-smoking areas, meals and transportation
reservation system); all rules, procedures and policies established by the Senior
Center Site Council.
- Must agree to provide necessary information for client
files. This information will be recorded by the Programs
Coordinator within two-three visits of a center participant. These forms will be included in the file:
- Emergency Procedure
- Intake Client Registration
- Nutrition Information (NSDI)
- Income Form
- Client Notification
- Service Plan
- Case Notes
- Determination of Need (Don-R)
- Authorization for Information
Release of Information
As part of the participant file, a Release of Information
form is signed. The only people who are allowed to see the personal information
are people who monitor the Senior Center and emergency medical people. Remember,
no one else is allowed to see this file or to obtain personal information.
For some activities, participants may be asked to sign a
liability waiver. These activities are optional and those not willing to sign
waivers will not be allowed to participate.